Interpretation of Disposable Degradable Tableware Standards
Disposable tableware includes disposable lunch boxes, dinner plates, saucers, knives, forks, spoons, chopsticks, bowls, cups, buckets, cans, pots, lids, etc. Also includes disposable lined cutlery with an external support, and food packaging for meals or similar purposes. However, it does not include food packaging intended for unexpected meals or similar purposes, such as fresh food trays, yogurt cups, jelly cups, etc. And food packaging for food preservation, display, storage and packaging purposes, such as biscuit boxes, cake boxes, etc.
Disposable degradable tableware made by PLA tableware manufacturer means that it can be completely degraded into carbon dioxide (CO2) or/and methane (CH4), Disposable tableware for mineralized inorganic salts of water (H2O) and its elements and new substances.
Ⅰ. Appearance requirements for compostable food trays
1. The appearance of biodegradable trays for food requires normal color, no cracks and filling defects, no oil, dust, mildew and other foreign matter on the surface;
2. The surface is smooth and clean, with uniform texture, no scratches, no wrinkles, no peeling or delamination, no cracks, and no perforations;
3. Colored tableware should not have obvious discoloration, fading, uneven color depth (except for decoration requirements), stains, etc.;
4. If there is a coating on the surface of the tableware, there should be no sagging, peeling, cracking, blistering, etc. on the surface of the coating;
5. There must be no obvious foreign matter, air bubbles, model defects, burrs, expansion and other defects;
6. The appearance and structure have smooth and regular edges; for products with lids, the lids should be convenient and flat, and the container and lid should match; for products with rebound lids.
Ⅱ. The performance of compostable food trays
1. Appearance and performance
Disposable lunch boxes, bowls, cups, cans, pots and other tableware with the function of holding containers, the volume deviation should not exceed 5%. The volume deviation only requires the holding function of the disposable biodegradable tableware container.
2. Bearing performance
For tableware such as disposable lunch boxes, bowls, and cups, the height change before and after loading should not exceed 5%. The load-bearing test only requires disposable compostable food trays that can be stacked or held by hand after the food is filled.
3. Folding performance
For single-use compostable food trays with lids and containers attached, there should be no cracks or damage after the folding test. All three test specimens shall be free from cracks or damage. The lid fold test only requires the disposable degradable cutlery lid to be attached to the container.
4. Heat resistance
After the hot water test, it should not be deformed, peeled off or wrinkled, and the tableware with container function should not be deformed, leaked or leaked. The two samples shall not have obvious deformation and leakage. The hot water resistance test only requires disposable compostable food trays that may contain hot dishes and hot food.
For disposable degradable tableware made of heat-resistant materials, including foamed and non-foamed tableware, the heat-resistant temperature shall be clearly marked, and the hot water resistance test during the test shall be carried out according to the marked temperature; Hot disposable degradable tableware is uniformly tested.